I love watching the Space Shuttles launch. Today the Shuttle Endeavour launched after 6 failed attempts. I had NASA TV on my computer and was listening for about an hour. It was so amazing watching everything fall into place as they neared the final 9 minutes. They went around the room and did the go/no-gos from all the important parties. They finally gave Endeavour a go for launch. That’s right when the clock hit T-minus 9 minutes. From then on out the emotions just built inside. I get all choked up every time a Shuttle lifts off. It’s so beautiful and such an amazing accomplishment. It shows that we really are trying to find out if there is more in space. It gives me hope. Hope that I can do anything I want. Gives me hope that there is something better than sitting behind a computer for 10 hrs a day. Hope that maybe someday things will go right and after so many failed attempts everything will fall into place and I’ll get the go signal and things will be great! There I’ll be flying into the sky at 13,000 miles an hour. Soaring on to new heights. God I love the space shuttles. It’s a shame they are all going to be retired soon. It was one of my dreams to be standing there on the green grass when one launches. Oh man what a sight that would be. Shame it can be so unpredictable when a Shuttle will actually lift off. Oh well. I’m happy I’m able to watch them streamed over the internet. Even if I’m 3,000 miles away it feels like I’m right there everytime. Good luck crew of the Endeavour. Have a safe and successful mission to the ISS.
Edit: If you want to watch it yourself here you go. It's beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment