Monday, July 13, 2009

How do you do it?

How do you do it? How are you supposed to work for 35 years? I haven’t even been working for a full year (I’m close though) and I’m already counting down the day until I can be independently wealthy and never have to work again. I say I want to own a business and I realize it would be a ton of work, but I’m sure I’d have fun. Something wrong with what I’m doing now is it’s not fun. Granted work is work, but I swear it’s possible to love what you do and have fun while doing it. Sadly I haven’t found that job yet. Does that mean I should keep looking? Maybe at some point, it can’t hurt.

Work is getting me down. The project I am is quite stressful. My porting was supposed to wrap up last week, but of course it didn’t. Here I am again, developing, testing, and working out things that, well, should have been figured out long ago.

But whatever, work stresses me out and I don’t want to give it any thought, not even to bitch about it right now.

So what else would I do? I have a ton of stuff I want to do instead of work. Well, granted a few of them are a lot of work, but there are things I’d rather do than I’m doing now. I’d of course love to start a business. Ryan, Duty and I have a list going of sweet possible businesses. Hopefully in a couple of years I’ll be able to attempt them. That’s my goal anyways. Also I’d love to go back to school to get an MBA. I think it would be sweet and would really help me accomplish my goals in life.
Anyways the point is how do you do it? I’m happy I have a job, I’m just not always happy with the job I’m doing. Oh well I’m sure things will improve because like I said I have 30+ years left.

No comments: