Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Laziness

So at work I'm always thinking up stuff I should do when I go home. I gotta do this, this and this. I have to go to the store. I'll look this up. I'll work on the website. I'll practice the piano. All these things, and I do it all the time. I'm constantly telling myself don't worry you'll have plenty of time and can do it when you get home. Then I get home, one thing leads to another, and before I know it 9PM has rolled around. I haven't done a singled thing I planned on doing.

Instead I've flipped on the tv and checked the internet. I've scrounged together something for dinner not entirely what I thought I might make if I had gone the store. I've texted a bit and distracted myself even more. Maybe call the family. I never really do anything I set out to do. On the rare occurrence I will have an amazingly productive time at time. I'm not sure what the correlation is though. Is there something specific that drives me to being more motivated than other days? I need to find that thing if one exists and exploit it so I can be productive all the time. I mean after all I swear I have a list of things I want to do and the list is getting longer and longer. The list isn't really one I'm even following anymore, just a symbol of my ambitions side. I'll get there, I think.

Now that I think about it I'm sure that there is a correlation to me coming home and turning on the tv. If I don't do that I might force myself to do something else instead, of if the tv only displayed boring things I might be able to break it's captive control and do something else. Haha. Anyways. All I'm saying is that I admit I'm a lazy bum at times. I have things I want to do and I should stop putting them off and make them happy. Tim Ferriss said that if you set goals to far out you'll continuously put them off, but if you set them in the immediate future then you'll be forced to start working on them now so you won't miss them. Good idea, but let's see if this guy can adhere to that piece of wisdom.

No comments: